Phobias, Hypnotherapy, Sydney & North Shore
Many people seek hypnotherapy to help them with irrational fears and phobias which can be severely debilitating.
There are three main types of phobia:
- Simple Specific phobias - fear of spiders, fear of flying.
- Social Phobias - fear of social incompetence or embarrassment.
- Agoraphobia - the fear of a difficult or embarrassing situation from which you cannot escape (usually related to panic attacks or very acute anxiety).
Hypnotherapy treatment for phobias is a systematic process and is often very effective.
- You will learn and practice an effective relaxation or anti-anxiety technique.
- You will learn self-hypnosis and begin to build calm self-confidence and a greater sense of control.
- You will create a clear hierachy or list of the things you fear.
- And most importantly, you will be "desensitised" to those fears.
The method of "systematic desensitisation" has a long history of effectiveness in clinical studies. Combining this with hypnosis can often achieve great results in shorter time periods.
Single session fast phobia cures often don't really "stick".
While you will experience considerable improvement from a single session usually 3-5 sessions are needed to ensure that you have a greater chance of being free from the phobia.
* Disclaimer: "The results may vary from person to person"